T. R. Noble, the exceptional writer of Inside Cup and Peeking Beneath, and Gail, the sweet author of Gaillovesgod, nominated me for the Light of the World Award! This award was created by Joe from Lighthouse Devotions. I like this award because it’s short, and the questions are good. Here are the rules:
- Save and add one of the award images on your blog. (Here is the link for the award post with images and rules of award.)
- Create a page/post to mention the award nomination and thank the person/blog that nominated you. Make sure you provide a link to their site.
- Give credit to the creator of the award (Lighthouse Devotions) and provide a link to the site as well. (http://www.Lighthousedevotions.blog)
- List the rules.
- Answer the next four questions on the same post:
- What three words would you use to describe your blog?
- In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
- What bible verse (quote it) talks about being a light in a dark and lost world?
- What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
- Nominate 7 or more people/blogs to receive the award. Briefly explain why you think they should receive it and provide a link to their sites.
- Contact them and let them know that you nominated them.
- Provide them with a link to the Rules page.
- Say a prayer thanking God for His light and ask that He continue to shine it through you and your blog.
- Keep shining the light of Christ wherever you go and in whatever you do!
In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
I think one of the most important ways a person can shine Jesus’ light is to be a good example in their daily life. This was shown to me when recently, I applied for an arts scholarship to the dance studio I currently attend. For that application, I needed a letter of recommendation from my teacher. I asked her to write one, thinking it would just be, Yes, Shae is a good dancer and a good scholarship candidate. Something like that. But my wonderful teacher, Miss Cassie, wrote a long letter about how at first, she was concerned because I was starting halfway through the year and wouldn’t be able to keep up. But she said that I eased her worry soon, and was a good leader in the class, helpful to my classmates, and a hard worker. I was so touched to read that letter! I didn’t think about anyone noticing some of the stuff I was doing, but people are always watching. So long story short (too late for that, lol) people are watching. People notice how Christians act. And we can shine for him by emulating him.
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. -Matthew 5:14, KJV
What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
“This Little Light of Mine” by Rend Collective. They put their own cool spin on the traditional song! I love the simplicity and truth to those old words.
- Linda, from Amazing God Stories, is definitely a light for Jesus in this world! On her blog, she writes short stories about her own life experiences when God has worked, and also writes short fiction stories which I enjoy ☺.
- Lynn, from Lynn Abbott Studios, is a brilliant artist and writer whose cheerful comments make me smile 😀.
- Stefan, from A Morning Coffee With God and The fourth dimension of life, is really in tune with God and unafraid to share his own struggles. His comments also make me smile!
- Mia, from Called to be a Writer, is (as she should be) a talented writer, and very open and in depth with her posts.
- Allison, from A Farm Girls Life, has been given so many talents that she uses for God! She is a tremendous artist, photographer, and writer, and just by reading her comments, you can tell the joy of the LORD shines brightly through her.
- Abigail, from Whatever Happens…Rejoice, does just that. She is encouraging, and reminds us of the excitement we should always have for Jesus.
- Joshua, from Taking Up My Cross, may have already nominated, but I’m going to nominate him again myself because he deserves it! He puts so much work into his posts, and they are always deep and thought-provoking.That’s all! I enjoyed doing this post. And if you would like to be nominated so that you can do this award, just let me know in the comments and I will officially nominate you!