This is the final installment in my Great People in My Life series. To conclude it, the Great Person today is my mom. By the way, please check out her awesome blog My Way Home Life! I know she’d appreciate it. Here is a list of things I love and admire about my mom:
1. She has a tremendous singing voice and is so humble about it. She just exudes a love of singing, and is a natural voice teacher. I know this because she taught me to sing, which was quite a feat!
2. Mom is a writer! She told me that ever since she was little, she knew she was going to be one, and even with her crazy schedule, she finds time for a part time job writing for a magazine AND writes a blog. I know it’s cliché, but this just proves it: chase your dreams!
3. She homeschools three kids. Enough said.
4. Mom and Dad are a team! They told me there is no way they will ever get divorced, and with how torn up some of my friends are over their parents’ divorce, I am truly blessed to have that security. They respect each other, love each other, and trust each other implicitly.
5. She and I are pretty much polar opposites in most areas, but somehow we get along, not only as mother and daughter, but as friends. She is introverted, I am extroverted. She is tall, I am short. She is classy, I am boho. You get the idea 😉.
6. Mom is sensitive. Sometimes this is not the best quality, but she picks up on subtleties that imperceptive me wouldn’t pick up on.
7. She, my older brother and I share a quirky, Gary Larson sense of humor.
8. Mom is open about her spiritual life and wants us to be, too, and I’m grateful for that honesty.
9. We like the same book/movie genre, so she has a lot of good recommendations. 😊
10. Mom works out. I don’t think I could respect someone who didn’t take care of themselves, so I’m glad she does.
I hope you have enjoyed this series of mine! I have had fun writing it. Any ideas for my next feature?
Thanks for reading! Do you have anyone you admire in your life, or anyone this post reminded you of? I’d love to hear about it! God bless, BibleBloggerGirl