This week’s Great Person in My Life is my previous dance teacher, Miss Angie. Here is a list of ten things I love and admire about her:
1. Miss Angie is friendly and good with kids, and you can tell she loves what she does.
2. She doesn’t charge too much; she makes pretty much no money but that doesn’t seem to matter to her. She used to live in an area where she made a lot more money teaching dance, but she moved to an area with not as many people so she doesn’t make very much. Miss Angie hasn’t let it stop her yet, though!
3. Miss Angie adopted a little boy! I have always wanted to adopt/foster children so I love this about her.
4. She is patient, encouraging, and takes time with each dancer, to help with a part they might not understand.
5. Miss Angie places dancers in classes according to their skill level, not their height, age or grade (I like this about her because I’m short! I’m in high school and barely 5’/152 cm. 😕😉).
6. She does a variety of styles, from hip hop to jazz to strict ballet, and does them well, choreography and all.
7. If someone asked her if they could do a solo or a duo with their best friend or something, she would agree to choreograph the dance, pick out costumes, schedule extra practices, and everything!
8. Miss Angie would know everyone’s strengths and weaknesses, which is a helpful thing that people in big dance companies probably don’t have.
9. She was amazingly organized; for example, she made charts on hair, costumes, shoes, and makeup for each dance.
10. Miss Angie would ask questions to everyone about how school or summer was going and all that type of thing, and you could tell she was really interested.
Even though I’ve moved on, I still hear her voice in my head with the awesome tips she would give me. I still love her and I wouldn’t be anywhere near where I am in dance now without her!
Thanks for reading! Do you have anyone you really admire in your life? Tell me about it in the comments! God bless, BibleBloggerGirl