Once a week, for the next few months or so, I’m going to write a post about a great person in my life. For each person I choose, I’ll write a list of ten things I admire or love about them. To kick off this feature, today I’m going to post about my Nana.
1. Although she lives hundreds of miles away, she still finds time to write to me every month and email me practically every day. I wouldn’t be nearly as close to her as I am now if she hadn’t reached out first.
2. Nana was a professional ballet dancer for a while after years and years of work in her childhood. Sadly, she was injured only a few months after she was hired and they had to let her go. She pressed on, though, and was able to get a job as a gymnastics and dance coach, where she worked for 30 years.
3. She is a very godly person and gives wise advice. She always listens to your problems and doesn’t condescend you no matter how old you are 😉.
4. She’s a cat person! This isn’t as deep as the others, but it is still a great trait to have 😁 🐈
5. Nana knows how to speak the truth in love. That’s not one of my strong points, and I strive to be more like her (see my post The Power of Words).
6. She is a determined person. If she knows something is right, she won’t let anything stand in her way.
7. Whenever she comes to visit, we always have long talks about everything from dance to church to my cousins. She and I are both good talkers so I enjoy this part of their visits very much 😊
8. Nana is an amazing cook! She always has new, awesome recipes for my brothers and I to try, and she knows our likes and dislikes so she’s always considerate.
9. She loves to read, same as me 😄! I’m getting old enough that we can recommend books to each other and it’s great because we have the same taste.
10. Whenever I’m working on a dance, she always has helpful critiques and good tips, whether we’re working together in person or just working through videos, calls and email. We make it work!
Here are a few pictures of Nana and I when I was quite a bit younger ☺
Thanks for reading today! Comment and tell me about a person in your life who is a Nana to you. I love hearing from you! God bless, BibleBloggerGirl